Each Monday or Tuesday morning, I will send you a short email with no more than 5 short insights from my latest thoughts on urban planning & economic development. The idea is to share with you a set of curated findings, recommendations, and best practices that I’m enjoying or pondering.
- Article I’m enjoying (and debating) – There is no such thing as a city that has run out of room by Emily Badger at The Washington Post.
- Quote that has captured my attention – “The future is already here, it’s just not evenly distributed.” – William Gibson
- Recent finding I’m excited about – “Since 2000, home prices have grown 50 percent faster in urban centers than in their surrounding metro areas.” This is from the City Observatory blog by Joe Cortright.
- City that’s been on my mind recently – Green Bay, Wisconsin. There probably isn’t another city in the US that more closely identifies with its professional sports team: NFL’s Green Bay Packers. And this relationship could soon translate into some exciting economic development possibilities. The Packers have announced a major new development adjacent to the stadium, call the Titletown District.
- Innovative urban startup – Kasita. This Austin-based venture could transform the way we think about urban housing. It’s like a cross between an iPhone and a mobile home. Article from Huffington Post: Meet Kasita, The Tiny Smart Home That Can Move Between Cities by William Alcopra at The Huffington Post Canada.
Simply enter your details details in the Sign-Up Form to the right (in the sidebar), click Submit, and you will receive Instant Access!